Two weeks from tomorrow, I leave for Israel. I am starting to feel all the emotions of leaving. I am a little scared of taking such a big step, of all the changes that are coming my way in the next several months. I am excited for the opportunity, and somewhat in disbelief that it is actually happening.
I think more than anything, I feel disappointment that I am leaving my family and friends behind. I have enjoyed so much living with my brother Bryan, his wife Jen, and their daughter Anna. I love seeing little Anna everyday and babysitting her! I will miss that. I go back home to Lansing quite often to see my parents and my friends there. I will miss them. They have become somewhat of an escape for me- I can just go home and not do anything for a while; just hang out with Josh, Andy and Courtney, my parents, and so many other good friends there. I will miss my Grand Rapids friends. I will miss my one consistent friend since I moved to Grand Rapids, Julia. I will miss all my new friends at The Rossman House of Prayer, who have truly helped make the past few months not just a fun time, but also a time of spiritual growth and re-dedication to God. Because of all these people, and so many more who I text on a regular basis or see once in a while, I am disappointed that right now I am leaving them. I almost wish that I had no friends or family in the area; that would make this whole move a lot easier! But I am thankful that God has placed them in my life!
A month ago, I wrote that I am working on Humility, Gratitude, and Service. Those are still areas of emphasis for me! I have been learning even more than that, however, that dependence on God is the key area I need to work on in my life. It is the area I have the most difficulty in. Whether the issue is money, the future, or the present for that matter, I often find myself not trusting God (usually sub-consciously). The Rossman House of Prayer has, for the past few months, been a place where God has been speaking to me, for whatever reason, and I am very thankful for that. I hope He continues even when I am no longer attending the Rossman House!
No comments:
Post a Comment