Today was pretty uneventful. But the events that did happen, I will share!
I woke up late, and after doing very little for a while, decided to go out to the Old City again. My friends Kim and Stacy came along with me, and we just basically walked around the shops for a couple hours. We getting kinda lost, but not before we found two pretty cool sites.
1. The tomb of King David! Well, it's not actually where he's buried, but it commemorates it. They do not actually know where he is buried, but they have a pretty good idea that it's probably somewhere actually inside the Old City (someday soon, I'll explain exactly what Old City means). There was a priest singing the praises of God- from the Torah. It was quite beautiful. I took a moment and said a few prayers myself- prayers of thanksgiving that King David pointed and still points us to Jesus!
2. While we were lost, we stumbled across Oskar Schindler's grave. We weren't able to go in, but it was pretty cool. It made me want to see the movie Schindler's List again and remember what happened!
After wandering around, we came back, and I had a class tonight. It is The History of Ancient Israel, and it is taught by an observant Jew. In fact, it is taught by the same one who teaches the same courses at the top universities here. You could say he "writes the book" on the subject. It was very interesting and challenging. He is sensitive to our Christianity, while not being ashamed to say that he believes the account of Jesus is historically inaccurate. I am excited to learn from him!
That is about all for today. I have a class bright and early tomorrow, and I hope to do a few things before then!
No comments:
Post a Comment