Sunday, August 29, 2010

Tour of J-Rusalem


Those are just a few of the pictures I took today. It was a great day! We walked all over Jerusalem, and there are still so many things I gotta see!

The top picture is of a 1st century tomb. It was in the Church of the Holy Sepulcher.
The second picture is the room above where they think the Last Supper and Pentecost may have happened. Either way, it is similar to what the room would have looked like.
The third picture is of the Dome of the Rock. It is directly on where the Jewish Temple was located. Also, it is a good picture of some of the rest of Jerusalem.
The fourth picture is the Dome of the Rock.

What an amazing, draining, emotional, tiring day!

I sat in that room above where the Last Supper and Pentecost may have been looking at the architecture, and I actually forgot for a moment that I was in Jerusalem. When the Professor said the significance of the place, I was a little emotional (one of many times today when I was nearly overcome with emotion). I was on or near the place when God poured out His spirit, when Christ broke the bread- two events that have had such a profound impact on my life!

I cannot even begin to say how blessed I am to be here. Not only am I in the city where King David ruled thousands of years ago, but I have found several friends who seem really great. It would be lonely being here for nearly 4 months without friends!

I miss you all in America! I hope we get a chance to communicate while I am here! It can be difficult, but it can be done! God bless!

No comments: