Well, there truly can be too much of a good thing. This is something I learned a couple days ago.
On Saturday, I went to the beach with some friends. Unfortunately, I forgot that my body is very white and that there is a big ball of fire in the sky trying to kill me (which it almost did). I came home that night with two things on my mind: First, that my body felt like it was thrown into the great lake of fire, and second, that I told my friend Julia I'd go back out to the beach the next day. I was going to be tortured yet again (in all truth, I was very excited to go, and was kicking myself that I put myself in this predicament).
Long story short, I had so much fun the next day that I decided to go back again today, and now my face has begun to peel. Oh well, it's the price to have fun... and not be smart.
Anyway, I am not in pain anymore, and I had a great long weekend. And this is going to be a great week. Having friends in Grand Rapids is great (great. great.). I am thankful for all of them, but especially the ones who are willing to spend time with a poor Seminary student who sometimes forgets how to be fun around people (a downfall of studying and reading too many books).
No comments:
Post a Comment