We have finished two weeks of school and started on our third week, although it feels like we've been in school for months. I am getting into the swing of teaching every day. There is a lot more planning and preparation that goes into teaching than there is to being a student! And by the end of the day, I am exhausted! I usually crash into my bed and stay there for a couple hours after school.
I love the kids in my classes. There are certainly some who are more difficult than others, but for the most part, they are a great group of kids who are growing into their personalities and becoming quite unique people.
I also like the stuff that I'm teaching, which helps. I am teaching American History and Religion (I start Religion after the 1st quarter because another person is teaching the Judaism portion of it). So I have enjoyed creating powerpoints for American History and teaching it. Tomorrow we will be doing some review for a quiz that will be on Wednesday! I have scared the kids into thinking that the quiz is going to be really hard, but I think they'll be pleasantly surprised!
A sad note; one of my roommates is having to return to the US. His visa was not accepted. He is leaving tonight. It is disappointing for all of us; he really brought a lot of excitement to our apartment and school, and he will be missed!
But, to end on a positive note, I still really like my friends here. They are a lot of fun! One thing I've learned is that here, the support from the other teachers is very important. There are often bad days where students misbehave or get on our nerves, and being able to talk about it and be supported by those who understand is an incredible gift.
God bless you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment