Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Life List

Here is my life list. This is a list of things that I want to do or accomplish before I die. It could be called a bucket list, but I prefer Life List. It's all about living life to the fullest. If I don't accomplish some of these things, that's ok, as long as while I was living, I was living to glorify God and as long as I was content in all things.

So, here it is:

1. Write a book
2. Learn French
3. Backpack Europe for at least a month
4. Go to Israel
5. Go to Egypt
6.Go to Japan
7.Go to Australia
8.Go to Ireland
9.Learn to cook
10.Eat more healthily
11.See a football game (college or NFL)
12.Read the entire Bible in a month
13.Climb a mountain
14.Work at a homeless shelter regularly for at least 3 months
15.Mentor more than one person
16.Become familiar with most civilizations
17.Run a mile in 7 minutes
18.Learn how to underwater dive/explore a sea
19.Sky Dive
20.Fly in an air balloon
21.Ride and elephant and a camel
22.Learn to play drums
23.Learn all major religions
24.Learn Christian apologetics
25.Learn to fence
26.Learn Arabic
27.Become familiar with the compositions of Bach, Beethoven, Debussy, Ibert, Mendelssohn, Lalo, Liszt, Rimski-Korsakov, Respighi, Rachmaninoff, Paganini, Stravinsky, Toch, Tschaikousky, and Verdi
28.Learn to surf
29.Learn to shoot a gun
30.Go to the Grand Canyon
31.Marry
32.Have children
33.Learn to ski
34.Learn to golf
35.Learn to dance- especially salsa dance
36.Attend an olympics
37.Go on a cruise
38.Spend time with David Shay in Pennsylvania for at least 2 months
39.Go to the World Sacred Music Festival in Morocco
40.Build (or help build) a building
41.See every movie that won Best Picture Oscar (unless obscene)
42.Fast (only water) for 10 days
43.Not watch Television or movies for a month
44.Learn the guitar
45.Read the Koran
46.Read 25 classic books
47.Watch 25 documentaries
48.Still talk to childhood friends after 50 years
49.Be in good standing with all of my family
50.Be the coach of a basketball team
51.Learn to harmonize well
52.Bring many people to the knowledge of Jesus Christ
53.Become a great public speaker
54.See a total solar eclipse
55.Go to the Taj Mahal
56.Walk on the Great Wall of China
57.Walk many areas where Jesus walked as recorded in the Bible
58.Watch all 6 Star Wars episodes in a row
59.Watch the Godfather movies
60.Keep a decent journal for at least a year
61.Become debt-free
62.Get a full-body massage
63.Write a good song (chords and all)
64.Live outside for at least 3 days
65.Go to the Netherlands
66.Go to Italy
67.Go to California
68.Go to Greece
69.Go to France again
70.Learn about the history of Africa

2 comments:

Roger said...

Let's see, I'm working on #1; I have done most of #'s 10,23,27,46,61; and I have done 4,5,9,15,24,29,42,43,49,51,57,and 67. I could teach you to cook. Marriage, at this point, is unlikely; children even more so. I had an invitation to preach for/with a missionary in Greece but never got there while he was alive. I'd love to return to both Europe and the Middle East. The list of things I'd still like to do is much smaller, less athletic, and open to divine surprises, since many of the good things in the past were. I never made a formal list, but the informal list has changed since I was your age.

Richard Sakai said...

nice bucket list